Заполните пропуски, используя глаголы, данные в скобках:10-11 класс
1. This textbook … by posing the basic question (to begin). 2. Effective
land use planning … impossible without land information (to be).
3. Some people … knowledge and skills to satisfy their wants (to apply).
4. Land … people to solve different problems (to help). 5. Nature …
men’s needs and wants in many ways (to satisfy).
Другие вопросы из категории
Marina,I*d like some questions about your family.
What your mother s name?
How is she?
Where is she ?
is your father * s name?
old is he?
He*s , theree years older than mum
i s he from?
He is Kuban
1. ... a pond in the park.
2. ... some bananas in the bag.
3. . some coffee in the cup.
4. ... a textbook and pens on the table.
5. … two chairs and a table in the room.
6. ... an apple in my bag.
7. …a large table in my room.
8. …three windows in my classroom.
9. …a blackboard and 5 tables in our class.
10. …a lot of children in the park.
11. … a school in my street.
12. … few books on the shelf.
1) Andrea (to live) in San Francisco.
2) She (to get up) at six o'clock and (to take) а shower.
3) She doesn't normally (to have) breakfast.
4) At half past eight she (to catch) а bus to her college.
5) Нег first class (to start) at а quarter past eight.
6) She always (to have) lunch at twelve o'clock in the cafeteria.
7) The cafeteria (to be) ОК and it (to be) cheap too.
8) Once а week she (to go) swimming.
9) Sometimes one of her friends (to pick) them up and then (to drive) them home.
10) She (°to invite) friends to her house rather often, they (to listen) to music and (to talk) .
7. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках в Present Indefinite.
1) Linda and I (work) for а company, which (produce) automobiles.
2) I (start) work at ten o'clock and Linda (come) to the office at nine.
3) She (be) good at typing, she (write) letters and reports every day.
4) She (not know) French very well, so she often (go) to the sixth floor where I
5) I sometimes help her translate letters, as I (know) French rather well.
6) Linda also (answer) telephone calls, sometimes she (show) visitors around the factory.
7) She (dо) common paperwork: (write) memos, (file) reports, (answer) letters.
8) She often (arrange) meetings for her boss.
9) You (understand) what her job (be) ? Yes, she (be) а secretary.
10) But she (not like) her job and (want) to be а manager.
8. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной и отрицательной формах.
Образец: It smells awful.
Does it smell awful? It doesn't smell awful.
l. We work at the translation. 2. You make а lot of noise. 3. Не always goes for а walk in the evening. . 4. In the morning I have little time. 5. Her brother works in Canada. 6. She does nothing to realize her dreams. 7. David believes in God. 8. She always comes to work in time. 9. The book belongs to Ann. 10. Не prepares his lessons in the evening.9. Заполните пропуски глаголом to be в Past Indefinite и переведите предложения.
1. It ... bitterly cold yesterday. 2. Му uncle ... very busy all last week. 3. She called on Sunday because it ... cheaper then. 4. When I came to visit her she ... absent, she ... at her friend's 5. We . .. tired of his stupid questions 6. Last winter the weather ... rather warm. 7. Yesterday he ... in Geneva. 8. When mу grandmother ... young, she ... an actress9. Where .. . your books? - They ... in mу bag10. Не ... not ill yesterday, he ... at work.
10. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках в Past Indefinite. Напишите
предложения в вопросительной и отрицательной формах.
Образец She (to prepare) lessons well.
She prepared lessons well.
Did she prepare lessons well?
She didn't prepare lessons well.
1) I (to buy) а magazine last week.
2) The postman (to bring) the morning mail only at 10 o'clock. 3) I (to see) you in the library the other day.
4) They (to have) а picnic yesterday.
5) The rain (to spoil) the whole pleasure.
6) Every winter Nick (to go) to the Swiss Alps to ski.
7) My sister (to get) married at 24.
8) She (to pass) all her exams successfully.
9) Their family (to live) in France for many years.
10) Mary (to buy) а very beautiful dress for the party yesterday.
11. Заполните пропуски глаголом to be в Future Indefinite.
1. Tomorrow it ... cold and wet. 2. Не ... fifty in June. 3. It's too late to go. I. .. here till tomorrow. 4. Computers . .. our teachers. 5. People .. . on the moon. 6. Don't worry, I… not ... too late. 7. I suppose, you . .. pretty busy tomorrow. 8. I am afraid, it . .. difficult for you to stay there so long. 9. Larry . .. happy to visit them again. 10. I suppose Mr. Black .. . our teacher next term.
Simple (Indefinite) или Continuous. Перепишите и переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. I (wash) my hair last morning.
2. He usually (do) his homework in the afternoon.
3. The girl (talk) to Tim when his sister came.
4. If they forecast rainstorms, we (return) to the city.
Задание № 7. Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках, во времена групп Perfect или Perfect Continuous. Перепишите и переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. George smokes. He (smoke) for five years.
2. They already (paint) the walls in their flat.
3. The builder says he (finish) the roof by next week.
4. When I got to the car park I realised that I (lose) my keys.
Задание № 8. Перепишите и переведите предложения на русский язык. Выпишите из каждого глагол – сказуемое и определите его видовременную форму. Напишите форму инфинитива глагола.
1. It’s raining again. Take your umbrella.
2. My mother always forgets my birthday.
3. I am sure Andrew will come to see us this evening.
4. I knew that he was waiting for somebody.
5. As soon as she came in I knew I had seen her before.
6. It has been snowing since Tuesday.
Задание № 9. Перепишите и переведите предложения на русский язык. Подчеркните модальные глаголы.
1. You must not worry about it.
2. Can you make me some tea?
3. According to the radio, it may rain today.
4. You should change your job.
Задание № 10. Перепишите и письменно переведите текст.
The Statue ofLiberty
The magnificent Statue of Liberty stands inNew YorkHarbourand welcomes millions of foreign visitors and citizens returning to theUnited Statesfrom abroad. The idea for such a statue originated inFranceon the occasion of the 100th anniversary of theUSA.
The French people gave August Bartholdi’s statue “Liberty Enlightening the World” to the American people in 1886. The12 acreLiberty Islandwas selected as the permanent site for the statue. It was placed upon a concrete and granite pedestal. The statue with its pedestal is305 feethigh.
Approximately 800.000 people visitLiberty Islandeach year. You can walk up 354 stairs to get to the top of the statue. An elevator takes sightseers to the top of the pedestal, but from there those who wish to venture higher, must walk up to the statue’s head, where there is an observation platform. On a clear day, this platform affords a wonderful view of the harbour andNew York. The right arm and the torch are not open to the public.
There is a museum onLiberty Island, at the foot of the statue.
a harbour – гавань, порт
to welcome – приветствовать
site – местоположение
Liberty Island– остров Свободы
on the occasion of – по случаю
concrete – бетон
Задание № 11. Перепишите вопросы к тексту и письменно ответьте на них.
1. Where does the Statue of Liberty stand?
2. Where and when did the idea for the statue originate?
3. Who is the sculptor of the statue?
4. How many people visitLiberty Islandeach year?
5. How can sightseers get to an observation platform?
we shall have to stay at home.
2.If he (to work) hard, he would have achieved great progress.
3.If you gave me your dictionary for a couple days, I (to translate) this text.
4.If should be very glad if he (to come) to my place.
5.If he is free tomorrow, he certainly (to come) to our party.
Глагол данный в скобках, поставить в нужное время:
1.My friend (to go) to the library Wednesday.
2.He (not to go) to the country yesterday.
3.Don't make noise! Father (to work).
4.You (to write) a dictation tomorrow.
5.He (to study) French before he (to enter) the university.
Выписать сложное подлежащее/дополнение. Перевести предложение:
1.The teacher wants our homework to be prepared well.
2.He was expected to pass the mathematics exam.
3.Mother is said to know the right thing to do.
4.You are supposed to graduate in four years.
5.The traveller entered the inn and ordered supper to be prepared.
l times.2) We (learn) many new words in this course.3) He (make) that same mistake several time.4) I (hear) that story before.5) I am afraid that I (lose) my car keys.6) She (see) this film three times.7) I (tell) John what you said.8) She (return) my book at last.9) She says that she (lose) her new pocket-book.10) I just (mention) it. Please be more attentive.
Употребить глаголы, данные в скобках, в Past Perfect.Перевести предложения на русский язык.1) I was sure that I (see) the man before.2) I asked him why he (leave) the party so early.3) It was clear that he (give) us the wrong address.4) The teacher corrected the exercises which I (prepare).5) He knew that he (make) a serious mistake.6) She said she (look) everywhere for the book.7) I felt that I (meet) the man somewhere before.
to have, оборотом there + to be, употребляя соответствующую форму в Present Indefinite Tense. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) I … a new modern computer.
2) This man … a very good memory, he can remember everything very well.
3) … a lot of classrooms in this Institute.
4) Mr. Black … an engineer, his brother … a mechanic.
4. Заполните пропуски нужными предлогами в скобках. Переведите предложение на русский язык.
1) The plane arrives in London… 8.30 a.m. (from, at, with)
2) He prefers travelling… plane. (by, for, on)
3) My sister plans to take a trip… car. (by, for, on)
4) She enjoys riding… a car. (by, in, for)
5. Употребите глагол, данный в скобках, во временах Present Simple, Present Continuous, Present Perfect, Present Perfect Continuous, добавив необходимые обстоятельства времени. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
She (grow) nice flowers