Exercise 3. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующемся по смыслу времени. 1. I knew they _______________________________ (to wait) for me at the th10-11 класс
eatre and decided to hurry. 2. I didn’t know that you already _________________________ (to wind) the clock. 3. I was afraid that the boy _________________________ (to hurt) himself and hurried to help him. 4. He says that he _________________________ (to know) the law of the country. 5. And finally she understood what _________________________ (to prevent) him from coming. 6. He couldn’t understand why people _________________________ (not to like) to drink chlorinated water. 7. The tourists were told that their guide _________________________ (to go out) for a while and he _________________________ (to come back) in 20 minutes. 8. I suppose that they _________________________ (not to agree) to take part in this show. 9. I asked my friend where he _________________________ (to run so early). 10. She says she already _________________________ (to find) the book. 11. He wondered if his neighbour ever _________________________ (to travel) by air before. 12. She said that she _________________________ (can) tell me the right time as her watch _________________________ (to stop). 13. She didn’t know what a wonderful present her beloved _________________________ (to choose) for her. 14. He wanted to know whether the 5th bus _________________________ (to run) along Petrovka. 15. We didn’t know they already _________________________ (to return) from the Caucasus.
1. were waiting
2. have already wound
3. would hurt
5. has prevented
6, didn't like
7. had gone out, would
8. won't agree
9. was running
10. has already found
11. had ever travelled
13. had chosen
14. had run
15. have already returned
Другие вопросы из категории
40 years after 1945 countries in Eastern Europe had planned economies
in which market mechanisms played only a small role.
2. The government plays an important role in allocating resources in the economy.
3. Goods are produced on farms or in factories. Goods of the both groups are consumed by the people who buy them.
4. A government planning office decides what will be produced, how it will be produced, and for whom it will be produced.
5. Resource allocation decisions are being made every day in every city, mostly through the mechanisms of markets and prices.
there was a bumper coffee crop (очень высокий урожай кофе) in Brazil,
much coffee was bought by the Brazilian government from farmers and then
7. Grain (зерно) markets have greatly changed over the
last 25 years in the United States and Europe. Both have high levels of
government intervention in their agriculture.
8. The ideas of Adam
Smith, the famous Scottish philosopher and economist, have been studied
by economists for over two hundred years.
11. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык. Обратите внимание на разные значения глагола to be перед инфинитивом.
1. Prices are to regulate production and consumption in a market economy.
2. The problem with government regulation of markets is to control how government restrictions work in real life.
3. The aim of that book is to form a theory of the role of government in economic life.
4. The market is to decide how much to produce.
5. A building society is a financial organization whose purpose is to help people buy houses or flats.
the authors of the textbook discussed examples, their intention
(намерение) was to prepare students for future economic analyses.
are to regulate or plan production and consumption. The former is
typical of mixed economies, the latter is typical of command economies.
By six o'clock we already (to make) arrangements to take the early train.
3) Autumn (to come). It (to be) November now. It (to get) colder, the days (to get) shorter. It often (to rain). Soon it (to be) very cold.
4) When I (to do) my homework yesterday, I quickly (to run) to the yard, because my friends (to wait) for me there.
5) We (to have) a good time last summer.
6) What you (to do) at live o'clock yesterday?
7) When Mary (to come) home, her brother (to read) the book which she (to bring) him two days before.
2. Переведите на английский язык употребляя глаголы вActive илиPassive Voice.Книги А. Кристи читают с интересом. Собаки любят кости. Эти орехи съели вчера. Где вы купили эту книгу? Ковер повесят на стену. Книги положат на полку. Что ему обещали?
3. Переведите на английский язык , соблюдая правило согласования времен.
1) Я боялся, что вы не последуете моему совету.
2) Я не знал, что ты будешь работать в читальном зале.
3) Я думал, что он подождет меня.
4) Он боялся , что ему будем трудно сделать доклад.
5) Андрей сказал нам, что, когда он вошел в комнату, его друг уже сидел на диване. Он читал газету.
4.Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. Mike said, "I spoke to Mr. Brown this morning."
2, Nellie said, "I read 'Jane Eyre’ last year."
3. He said, "I shall not stay with my friends too long."
4. Mother said to me, "1 feel bad today."
5."As soon as Robert appears, ask him where he put the dictionary," said Mary to her mother.
1) It often ( rain ) in this part of the world.2) My wife always ( make ) a plump-cake on Sundays.3) Dad usually ( work ) on Saturdays.4) We sometimes ( go ) to the cinema.5) Jill ( speak ) five languages.6) He ( not like ) pop music.7) She ( not want ) to buy a new TV set.8) … he ( like ) to eat ice-cream.9) … you ( want ) coffee? – No, I … .10) We always ( come ) in time for classes.
2. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Indefinite ( прошедшее время ). Обратите внимание на глаголы: нг – неправильные, пг- правильные:
1) We ( not have ) a holiday last year. ( нг )
2) I ( buy ) a new dress last week. ( нг )
3) Don’t worry about your letter. I ( send ) it the day before yesterday. ( нг )
4) When … he ( finish ) school? ( пг )
Past, Future Simple; Present, Past Continuous; Present, Past Perfect.
1. Mike (to cat) ice cream every day. Look, he (to eat) ice cream now. When I (to see) him in the morning, he (to eat) ice cream, too. He (to say) he (to eat) one ice cream already by that time. I think he (to fall) ill if he (to eat) so much ice cream. 2. They (to walk) along the street and (to talk). Suddenly Nick (to stop) and (to say): "Oh, what shall we do? I (to lose) the key to the door." "If you (not to find) it," said Pete, "we (to have) to wait for mother in the street," 3. When I (to come) to the station yesterday, I (to learn) that my train already (to leave).
4.What he (to do) when you (to see) him yesterday? I (to give) you this book as soon as I (to finish) reading it. 6. When the ship (to cross) the ocean, a great storm (to break) out.
Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в одном из следующих времѐн:Present Simple, Present Continuous, Present Perfect. Present Perfect Continuous.
1. This man (to be) a writer. He (to write) books. He (to write) books since he was a young man. He already (to write) eight books. 2. What you (to do) here since morning? 3. Lena is a very good girl. She always (to help) her mother about the house. Today she (to help) her mother since morning. They already (to wash) the floor and (to dust) the furniture. Now they (to cook) dinner together. 4. He (to run) now. He (to run) for ten minutes without any rest. 5. What they (to do) now? — They (to work) in the reading room. They (to work) there for three hours already. 6.Where he (to be) now? — He (to be) in the garden. He (to play) volleyball with his friends. They (to play) since breakfast time. 7. I (to live) in St. Petersburg. I (to live) in St. Petersburg since 1990. 8. This is the factory where my father (to work). He (to work) here for fifteen years. 9. You (to find) your notebook? — No, I still (to look) for it. I already (to look) for it for two hours, but (not yet to find) it. 10. You (to play) with a ball for three hours already. Go home and do your homework. 11. Wake up! You (to sleep) for ten hours already. 12.I (to wait) for a letter from my cousin for a month already, but (not yet to receive) it. 13. She already (to do) her homework for two hours; but she (not yet to do) half of it. 14. I (to wait) for you since two o'clock. 15. What you (to do)? –I (to read). I (to read) for two hours already. I already (to read) sixty pages. 16. It is difficult for me to speak about this opera as I (not to hear) it. 17.I just (to receive) a letter from my granny, but I (not yet to receive) any letters from my parents. 16. The weather (to be) fine today. The sun (to shine) ever since we got up.19. Every day I (to wind) up my watch at 10 o'clock in the evening. 20. Come along, Henry, what you (to do) now? I (to wait) for you a long time. 21. Where your gloves (to be)? — I (to put) them into my porcket. 22. I (to stay) with some American friends in Chicago. I (to stay) with them for two weeks now. I (to have) a great time here, I (to take) the opportunity to improve my English. I already (to see) the towering skyscrapers of Chicago which are reflected in the rippling water of Lake Michigan._I just (to take) a picture of Chicago's Sears Tower which (to rise) 1,707 feet and (to provide) a panoramic view from the skydeck. 23.I (to go) to give that cat some food. I (to be) sure it (to starve). — But Jane already (to feed) the cat. You needn't do it.
forget) to take my English exercise book. Yesterday grandfather (to tell) us how he (to work) at the factory during the war. The man (to get) off the bus without paying while the conductor (to collect) fares upstairs. Don't go to Nick's place now, he (to work). He (to finish) his homework at seven o'clock. If you (to come) after seven, he (to be) very glad. Pete (to go) to the cinema? — Yes, I (to think) so. He usually (to play) in the yard at this time, and now he (not to be) there. He (to read) a book at five o'clock yesterday. Yesterday the children (to do) all their homework before mother (to come) home, and when she (to come), they (to play) with the cat.
II. Переведите на английский язык, употребляя глаголы в Active или Passive Voice. Мне дают сок каждое утро. Каждое утро я даю кошке молоко. Вчера я попросил учителя помочь мне. Вчера меня попросили помочь однокласснику . Миша попросит меня помочь ему. Мишу попросят рассказать о своем путешествии. Где живут ваши друзья?
III. Переведите на английский язык, соблюдая правило согласования времен. Она знала, что мы никогда не видели ее картины. Ученый был уверен, что найдет решение проблемы.
3. Я знал, что ты приехал в Санкт-Петербург, и полагал, что ты навестишь меня.Мы не думали, что он так рассердится. Мы вчера узнали, что она больна.
Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи.
1 Hе said. I haven't seen my cousin today."
2. "This man spoke to me on the road," said the woman.
3. He said. "I am going to a health resort tomorrow."
4. My brother said to me. ”I am going to become a doctor.”
5.”When I get a job. I’ll buy you a warm coat," said the boy's father.
read) now? — I (to read) Tom’s book. I (to be) in a hurry.
Tom soon (to come), and I (to want) to finish reading the book before he (to come).
As soon as you (to see) your friend, tell him that I .(to want) to see him.
переведите на английский язык, употребляя глаголы в Active или Passive Voice.
Диктант будут писать в следующий вторник
переведите на английский язык, соблюдая правило согласования времён
Мы надеялись, что поедем а Лондон.
Учитель скапал, «что наши друзья из Лондона прислали письмо.
Она сказала, что ее подруга пригласила ее а театр.
Мы боялись, что не купим билет в театр.
Передать предложения в косвенной речи
tom said " I have already had breakfast, so I am not hungry"
The teacher said to the pupils, "next year we shall have six hours of English a week"
“when you come to see me on Sunday, I shall show you my new dress,” she said to me